Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Desert Oasis - SOLD


20x16 oil on canvas

I live in a beautiful place. Built by Russ and Roxie Barringer, I have been fortunate to be able to live in their high desert homestead while they live temporarily in California.

After stepping out the beautiful leaded glass front door, if you turn to the left, this desert oasis pond is what you'll hear and see. It has a waterfall that splashes and flows to a second pond below, both full of hungry goldfish. Now, just imagine a herd of wild javelina coming down the steps, colorful dragonflies zooming above the water, then lift your eyes and see the purple-blue mountains in the vista beyond. If there is a breeze, you'll also hear the deep tones of the whole-tone chimes sent me, for my birthday, by my friend Jack. I'm a grateful gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment