Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kayley's Bliss

Kayley's Bliss
On July 4th, Susan and I put all the kids, boyfriend and girlfriends in the hot seat and took photos of them separately. We got some great portrait shots of each of them.

Kayley (Lyle's girlfriend) and I have been spending some time together the last few weeks exploring silk screening. We've had so much fun and I've gotten to know her better. For Kayley's photo I had her hold up her hands as part of a portrait I had seen in my mind. "Kayley's Bliss" is the finished portrait.

If you knew Kayley, this would make sense. She's an artist who, in her swirling universe, is sprouting new creations everyday. Her tattoos include the tree on her chest. She considers her body another canvas to create on.

I am so fortunate to have many young artists and musicians around who inspire me to dig down into the creative hovel. Thank you swirling universe!!

4 comments:

  1. Patty, Came across your blog via your sister, Susan's blog. Glad to add you to my Google Reader. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. I like "Kayley's Bliss". Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very cool portrait - it's great to have combined realism and imagination in such an excellent way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great portrait! The skin tones are so creamy and nice and she has such a wonderful expression. I love all the curly swirls...in her ring, her hair, the background. Her green nail polish and the tree tattoo on her chest give it such a cool vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful portrait, I just love this. Very, very creative and well done.
    Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete