Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wimberley Lavender Longhorn Trio - SOLD

Wimberley Lavender Longhorn Trio
Each painting is 5.5x8 inches oil on wood panel
Put together they are 16.5 inches wide.

My daughter, her friend and I visited four lavender farms participating in the 2011 Blanco, Texas Lavender Festival. I had my camera in hand hoping for some reference photos for paintings. The lavender was late in blooming, for lack of rain, so I didn't get the lavender photos I was hoping for. But, I hit the jackpot when I spied these beautiful longhorns who were pets at the Wimberley Lavender Farm. After asking permission to photograph them, I got to get close aand personal. With only an electric wire between us, they all looked right at me and said, "I'm ready for my close-up!" while chewing happily on fresh hay.

They are available at the Nueva Street Gallery, San Antonio, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment