Friday, July 20, 2012

High Desert Clouds and Shadows


 7x5 inches - oil on board

 
 5x7 inches - oil on board

 
 7x5 inches - oil on board

 I see my last post was February. Since then I have painted, written music, moved on top of a hill in Peeples Valley, Arizona, joined a book club and made a lot of new friends. Another thing I've been doing a lot of is looking around. The vistas outside my windows call me (and my little dog Zig) to step outside and experience these awesome high desert landscapes. Last week clouds were added to my delight and I got inspired to get outside and do some quick studies. That's what these three small paintings are about. I was standing on my front porch which faces the East. The third one was about the colors as the sun is starting to set behind the house, and turns the clouds a sweet pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment